Arcane Fortune Forums

Discussion of Arcane Fortune

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-12 19:03:36

Darin
Administrator

Roughly ordered todo list

Edit: I've moved the todo list to the wiki.

However, I'll still post a reply in this topic when I updated it significantly, for the sake of making it easier to follow updates.

Last edited by Darin (2020-08-30 23:42:20)

#2 2020-08-13 08:41:21

Tchey
Website

Re: Roughly ordered todo list

That’s a long and pretty list !

What would be nice to have is an ETA for each step.
Not dates, but more an estimation of the time you think it will take to create it.
Like "a few weeks", "several days", couple of months" etc

Last edited by Tchey (2020-08-13 08:42:37)

* Jeux1d100 ? Le blog Jeux1d100.net sur les jeux indécents et Linux, et la chaîne YouTube *

#3 2020-08-13 17:35:24

Darin
Administrator

Time estimates are harder than programming itself... but I'll try to update the list in a little bit with some estimates.

Right now I would say:

I suspect the next release (probably going to be in the next ~2 months) will include at least the doctrine/happiness/crime/health systems plus rioting/demands system from residents. A decent amount of that uses very related code so adding this all together isn't too big a deal. The rioting system will take more time.

Then I'll work on whatever else can be reasonably added in the rough time-frame of `~2 months from now`.

Most people define releases based on features, not time, but with a project like this I feel like defining it more around time can be better for everyone. Not as long of a wait for getting new features, and more of a chance for people to complain if things start moving in a direction one doesn't like tongue

#4 2020-08-23 04:06:35

Darin
Administrator

Minor update to the list: color configuration is now supported in v0.2.0

#5 2020-09-28 23:19:54

Darin
Administrator

Now that v0.2.0 has been released, I've updated the todo list with plans for the next version.

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated, both about plans for v0.3.0 but also about what you think about v0.2.0.

I think nobility will give the game a bit more depth. While they will largely be on your side, there's some risk you'll be able to screw things up and have them start sabotaging your efforts and goals (primarily in war). Another benefit is that they might reduce war micromanagement because you'll be able to just send them out to war on your behalf and only join in with your own personal armies if you wish.

#6 2021-03-22 14:07:11

Tchey
Website

Hello,

How are things in spring 2021?

* Jeux1d100 ? Le blog Jeux1d100.net sur les jeux indécents et Linux, et la chaîne YouTube *

#7 2021-03-29 03:14:33

Darin
Administrator

Hi Tchey, thanks for checking in.

I hope you are doing well. We just had a snow storm here, so it doesn't feel like spring yet from my perspective haha.

Anyway, I've had less time recently and the v0.4.0 release will be a fairly small one. The main changes being zone densities (plus a cost in gold of zoning to hopefully make city planning a little more challenging), a basic municipal water system, and an optional earth-like scenario (consisting of historically accurate start locations and civilization names).

(I recall you saying you weren't as much of a fan of historical settings so I just want to emphasize that anything I add on the historical front will be relegated to a separate scenario mode.

Personally, back when I was playing Civ 4, many of the games I played were with a historical mod -- Rhye's and Fall. I always enjoyed seeing how far I could push things outside history -- steam-rolling Europe as Russia, or conquering the Asia as China, etc.)

As for a time estimate -- I'm hoping two months from now I'll release v0.4.0.
I'm growing more tight-lipped with my estimates since it seems like they're turning out to be inaccurate more times than not yikes

Quick reply

Write your message and submit
Are you human or robot?

Checking if this is requested by a real person and not an automated program.

Board footer